You may be a teacher and need to sign all emails to students, parents and colleagues with your position as a teacher and other contact information. Or maybe you’re part of your company’s technical support team. Therefore, you will need to provide your credentials when answering questions. Regardless, you can enter the same few lines when sending your emails. To save a little time and effort, this article teaches you how to add an email signature in Gmail to your emails.
See too: Sending emails in Gmail
Methods and solutions to be taken
It takes time to create a well-written email signature. So use a device that you are comfortable with.
Method 1: using a laptop
- Using your preferred browser, search for Gmail on the web and sign in to your account using your email address and password.
- The loaded page would show the contents of your inbox. Above the list of emails, there should be a gear icon on the right side. Click this icon to display a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings. This should be the third option at the top, however, it may vary depending on your Gmail settings.
- You will be redirected to the settings on the General tab. This tab allows you to make changes to personalize your Gmail experience. Scroll down and look for the subscription settings. It should be found at the bottom of the list. Look for a large text box if you’re having trouble finding it.
- Click the round button to activate the Signature function.
- In the text box, start typing your email signature. Some information you can include in your subscription is your name, company and contact details. You can change the font and font size of the text in your email signature.
- To add images, such as company logos or social media icons, click the Insert image tool. It is listed by an icon with two mountains. You would need to save the image to your device or your Google Drive. Alternatively, you can provide the website address to search for the image.
- If you want your email signature to appear before the text quoted in the email you are replying to, click the checkbox below the text box that contains your email signature.
- When you finish your email subscription, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save changes button. Always remember this step or the email signature you created will not be saved.
Method 2: using a tablet or mobile device
On a mobile device or tablet, you’ll need to download the Gmail app. You can download this app on the AppStore or Google Play Store.
- On your device, launch the Gmail app. Log in to the account to which you want to attach the email signature.
- Touch the menu. It is represented by an icon with three horizontal lines.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- Select the account you want to add the email signature to. Then look for Subscription Settings.
- After selecting Subscription Settings, activate the mobile subscription.
- From here, you can edit or create your email signature.
- To save on Android devices, tap the OK button. For iOS devices, touch the back arrow to save.
While email signatures help you save a little time when writing emails, it’s still a good idea to read them before sending an email. This will help you determine whether the email signature is appropriate for the email you are sending.