If you were looking for a way to quickly transmit Google Maps locations from the web to your phone, Google covered you. After making it super easy for Google Maps users on iOS share your location on Facebook, the search giant silently updated the Android version of the application, so it can receive instructions directly from your desktop. Sending Google Maps instructions from the web to your Android phone requires just a few settings and a few quick clicks. Here’s how to do it.
1. Make sure you’re signed in to the same Google account on the web and on your Android device. You can log in to the web at top right corner of any Google pageand do this on your phone by selecting Settings> Accounts.
2. Open the Google Play store on your phone and update Google Maps.
3. Visit maps.google.com On the Internet.
4. In the upper left corner of the screen, enter your destination of choice and select “Send to device”.
5. Select your device from the list.
6. You will receive a notification on your phone with the chosen location. Open it to see the location.
7. To map directions to the location, touch the car icon at the bottom right of the screen and enter your starting address.