iProov Web brings biometric authentication to the web browser
Banks, governments, travel and healthcare providers can now check the genuine presence of remote customers in the web browser and mobile app
iProov, the world’s leading provider of biometric authentication technology, today announced the launch of iProov Web, bringing a guarantee of genuine presence to the web browser.
Since 2018, more than 3 million people have used iProov’s patented Flashmark technology in mobile apps to confirm their genuine presence. Users who wish to access a bank account or register for secure services simply hold the phone or other mobile device in front of their face and exclusive colored lighting completes the guarantee of genuine presence, confirming that they are the right person and the real person, authenticating themselves now.
The most security-conscious organizations in the world, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, Standard Bank in South Africa and ING in the Netherlands, are using iProov technology in large-scale applications.
IProov Web now extends the guarantee of genuine and effortless presence to Web browsers, allowing “iProov” users to securely stay on their laptops and computers, tablets, kiosks and other devices. Larger purchases are still being made through desktops / laptops, responsible for 37% of web traffic in 2019, but with 56% of web revenue.
The large-scale use of iProov worldwide shows that iProov Web will allow organizations to offer:
- Security against scalable and highly dangerous digital attacks, such as deepfakes
- Greater access and inclusion for citizens and customers without smartphones
- An extremely improved user experience compared to alternatives, with options that reflect the wide range of iProov Web operating environments
- Higher net promoter score and customer satisfaction, with higher completion rates and reduced dropout during registration and purchases / transactions
- Consumer access to digital services without the need to download an application that will not be used often
Applications for the simple and secure iProov Web user experience include:
- Digital integration – whether setting up a bank account or registering with government, health or travel services, the process of filling out an application with a guarantee of genuine presence can now be done safely and effortlessly on a laptop or desktop.
- Multifactorial authentication – When completing high-risk, high-value transactions, such as transferring money or adding beneficiaries, iProov Web can be used as a device-independent biometric factor, along with a device certificate or a knowledge-based challenge.
- Account / password recovery – When a user’s identity or digital account is stolen or the password is forgotten, iProov Web provides a strong credential that cannot be compromised or impersonated by the attacker. It also allows the user to recover their account safely and easily or reset passwords from any device.
“IProov Web is a game changer for the digital identity industry,” said Andrew Bud, CEO of iProov. “Millions of people around the world have moved on a mobile app, securely accessing government, banking or online travel services, proving that they are who they say they are and that they are really present during authentication.”
Bud continued: “With iProov Web, we are now enabling organizations to offer the same effortless, exclusively secure authentication process in a web browser. Users without smartphones or those who prefer to use laptops or desktop computers for online banking online or other secure services can now benefit from the same effortless user journeys as mobile users. This means an enhanced digital experience for the customer, greater inclusion and accessibility and access to a wider audience. ”
Founded in 2011 by CEO Andrew Bud, iProov is a world leader in counterfeit-resistant biometric facial verification technology. Its technology is used by banks and governments around the world to ensure customer integration, login and authentication, to ensure that new and old users are genuine and to protect them from fraudulent attempts to gain access to personal data or use a stolen identity. For more information, see www.iproov.com