Justia Ask a Lawyer – Free Answers from Lawyers to your Legal Questions

Ask a Lawyer allows you to get free answers from lawyers in your area for basic legal questions on a variety of topics, including family law, employment law, criminal law and more.

Lawyers, answer questions & Earn Points

log in

Recent Questions & Answers

Q: With the help of a Defacs judge and the local police, my son was kidnapped. No due process and violation of civil rights

My son was recently removed from my custody without any clear and convincing evidence due to a false anonymous claim that after two hearings has not been proven, which is necessary in this situation. Now he was recently arrested in court, but we were not allowed to see him or … Read more “

Priscilla T. Upshaw

Priscilla T. Upshaw replied on April 28, 2020

It is best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.

We are happy to help you. Please contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Q: What can be done if rule 109 is not complied with the petition for kinship, as well as the ex declaration of a good joint custody pet?

The daughters’ father had no contact, but after several attempts to reduce child support, he filed a joint custody petition and served it to me.

First, he did not serve rule 109, which was granted. Second, he did not include his declaration of goodwill as needed, with his petition … Read more “

Lane Wood

Lane Wood replied on April 28, 2020

I’m sorry that you’re going through a custody fight. Custody battles are often difficult and emotional. I will do my best to answer your questions, but I also recommend that you seriously consider hiring a lawyer to represent you. Custody determinations can have lasting effects on you … Read more “

Q: A lady accused me of a scam and came back in 2018, I never received a call or letter from the DA. I have a warrant now. Why?

When the police came looking for me, I automatically went to the police station and gave them my proof of insurance and driver’s license and told them that I had no reason to run and that there was no damage to both cars. My current job offer did a background check and now … Read more “

Alexander Bakhache Perez

Alexander Bakhache Perez replied on April 28, 2020

We are sorry for what happened, yes, a lawyer can help you resolve this. You can contact a more local lawyer, if you are in the north, we are located in southern California and would cover LA County and Orange County.

The call and consultation are usually free with most lawyers, but you would need a … Read more “

Q: I am the administrator of a special need I trust that the beneficiary is my sister

I am a fiduciary, my husband is a co-fiduciary of his mothers’ trust and each of them shares half of the sisters, half will be SNT for 3 years, for 21 years, she was not over 37, she suffered from depression and her mother was worried and wanted to do that. certain that she would qualify for assistance. I am the executor / … Read more “

Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney replied on April 28, 2020

A California special needs trust that has been created validly, avoids inventory. In accordance with the special needs trust provisions, an administrator has a fiduciary responsibility for the management of trust assets. A breach of that responsibility can create liability for the trustee. If the special … Read more “

Q: Can I work for two companies for 1 or 2 weeks at H1B?

I am working on an H1B visa for company A. My H1B visa transfer is approved for company B. I need to notify company A for two weeks, but company B is asking to join immediately.

Adan Vega

Adan Vega replied on April 28, 2020

You can be employed by two different petition employers in status H-1B IF USCIS has authorized simultaneous employment. The limited information in your scenario does not indicate that you are authorized for simultaneous employment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is made only in a non-confidential manner.

Using this site to ask questions or receive responses does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or answers your questions, nor is it intended to create that relationship. In addition, no response in this forum constitutes legal advice, which must be adapted to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act on the information provided on Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional advice from a lawyer admitted or authorized to exercise your jurisdiction. Justia does not assume responsibility for any person who trusts the information contained or received through this website and disclaims all responsibility with respect to that information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by a lawyer through this service) is accurate, complete or up to date. Although we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this website up to date, the owners and contributors of this website do not make any claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of the information contained in or linked to this website.

Paula Fonseca