Hello, having trouble signing in to your Gmail account? The Gmail password recovery problem is one that many people face.
I recommend that you keep a complex password for Gmail safe from hackers.
Well, I’m here to help you and guide you through a very detailed step by step how to reset your Gmail password.
Now, if you think I’m a hacker who will help you reset your Gmail password without a number or email, you’ve got it all wrong.
Hey! Don’t leave yet.
This post will show you other ways to reset your Gmail password.
Check out How Change Twitter password
As you may have noticed, Google has given your subscription page a new look, this new look does not guarantee an easy account recovery process.
Although I think Google has brought back the recovery option, you will have to answer a question to gain access to the Google account reset.
There are now different categories of issues involving Gmail password recovery,
Some people have forgotten their Gmail login password,
Some have forgotten their Gmail password and security question.
Not having access to your Gmail account simply means not having access to your emails and, unfortunately, it also means not having access to other platforms, such as youtube, Google+, Google maps, Google drive and other useful platforms.
Take this advice seriously;
If your Gmail account is not yet blocked or if you have another Google account without the problem of signing in, you should check this post. I wrote an article about protecting your Google account;
After all the details listed in that post, you’ll have an 80% recovery guarantee for your Google account whenever it’s blocked.
I will take you on this tour, step by step.
note: Be careful not to fall into the “scamming trap” Anyone who promises to unlock your Google account for a fee is probably not DEFINATELY FALSE!
There is no phone number you can call to help unlock your Gmail account.
The first thing I advise you to do is;
TRY TO REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD
Most people don’t really care about this, but it actually avoids the stress of trying to reset your Gmail password. Trust me, it’s difficult and frustrating when resetting your Gmail password.
So, as I said earlier, you should try to remember your password. As funny or annoying as it may sound, you should really try to remember your password.
Hey! You set the password, then DIG DEEP ………………………… ..
This works entirely for me;
Most of the time, I get frustrated when trying to access my numerous online accounts;
And it helps me to remember my password.
Tips I use to remember a password
- Calm down, don’t strain, the password is there in your head somewhere.
- Scroll through passwords for other accounts.
- Meditate, seriously, you cannot remember this password if you are very anxious and restless.
- Try the possible passwords that you would use. I’m not a magician, but it could be your name, age, date of birth or maybe a secret.
- Ask yourself ”which password I would probably use“?
If you tried the steps above and still don’t remember your Gmail password? or Maybe your account has been hacked?
So your case is serious, we really need to move on;
Here is the part where you would have to follow closely;
So I thought, Hey Beejay! Why not make this post fun for your readers! And bada bing, bada boom, I came with Phases.
You may be wondering:
Well, yes, hey! Don’t judge me yet.
note: If you haven’t enabled some of these options as recovery options for your Google account, you may not see them when trying to activate your account. Google wants to protect accounts at all costs.
If you can’t prove to Google that you’re the account owner you’re trying to reset, they will literally listen deaf and blind to your reset request.
So, Google made some changes to its platform. If you’re like me and have configured some recovery options, here’s how to recover your Google Account.
Step 1. Go to Gmail.com.
Step 2. Enter your email ID.
Step 3. Click on more ways to enter.
Step 4. Click I forgot my password.
After clicking I forgot my password, you will be redirected to a page where you will see options to help you recover your Gmail password.
Reset Gmail password phases
- The first option you will see will ask you to enter the last password you remember. Do it. If you can’t remember the last password used, click on try another way.
- You should now receive another notice asking you to confirm the phone number you added to your Google account. Enter your phone number and click send.
- When you receive the verification code, simply enter the code in the box provided by Google to verify that it is you.
Can’t reset your password with a text code?
Didn’t you provide Google with a phone number for verification?
Did you lose the number you gave Google? If you lost your phone number in case of theft, in most countries you can visit your service provider, complain to them and they will provide you with a new SIM card with your old number.
If you are unable to recover your number, your case is quite serious.
Your next hope would be to go to the Googles account support page. Some questions will be asked for verification purposes.
So, this leads us to level 2
If you added an extra layer of security to your Google providing recovery details, you’ll probably have different options that will help you reset your Gmail password.
If you didn’t? So you probably won’t see this Internship, It can take you to Phase 3 or 4.
Maybe you’ve added a phone verification method to your Google account?
If you did? This is cool because it gives you an advantage,
- Enter your email address, if requested, and click / tap NEXT.
- If you are asked to receive the verification code via text (Phase 1), ignore and touch “try another way”.
- You should see a request asking if you want to Receive a warning on your device?. (Make sure you have your device handy).
- On your mobile device, you will receive a request, tap YES, then tap the number displayed on the login screen.
- On the next page, select a strong and ready password.
This is an amazing way to recover your Gmail account if you forgot your password, but for this phase to work, you you should have already added your mobile device as a recovery option.
If you have not defined your mobile device as a Google Account recovery option, you will likely see Phase 3, not Phase 2.
- You will have to open the Account support page Again.
- Enter your email account and proceed.
- To skip any phase that didn’t work, you can skip by tapping / clicking (Try a different question)
- Enter the full recovery email. (You must have already added a recovery email address for this to work).
- Tap / click send and wait for Google’s response in the recovery email inbox.
Check the recovery email. If it doesn’t look familiar or if you don’t have access to it anymore, you’ll need to read Reset Google password, phase 4.
If you didn’t provide Google with a recovery email, your case ended up with a whole new level of difficulty.
Seriously, it gets better / worse:
Moving on to the next stage.
So you checked the recovery email and it’s not familiar? Or do you not have access again?
Don’t give up yet;
Before proceeding with phase 4, you must think! Your recovery email can be your Yahoo email or your friend’s email account …
Phase 4 is really difficult.
It is literally a guessing game for some.
- Enter your email address, if requested.
- Skip the previous levels that didn’t help until you get to where you see Month and Year.
- You will have to answer a difficult question ”When you created this Google account”If you can provide the correct month and year, you can reset your Gmail password.
If that still doesn’t work for you, your case is reaching a whole new level of difficulty …
Just so you know, I was reading an article somewhere and learned that Google no longer creates security questions and answers, but if your account is old enough, you still have that option.
Honestly, I don’t know how true this is.
But I know that another way to reset your Gmail password is to answer a secret question provided by Google. A question that they think only you would have the answer to.
And that leads us to;
Skip the previous stages if they are not yet working for you. You still have another chance to recover your Google account.
- Skip the previous stages until you reach where you would like ”Answer the security question you added to your account“.
All you will need to do next is provide the correct answer to the security question that you have configured.
But there is a challenge. After successfully completing phase 5, you can be redirected to phase 3, where you will be required to enter a recovery email address.
But I don’t blame Google. I mean, if anyone knows the name of my best childhood friend, they will have access to my Gmail account.
So redirection isn’t really a bad idea, after all. But it is annoying though.
Forgot your Gmail password and your secret question?
If you can’t remember the answer to the secret question you asked on Google, I’ll be honest with you: recovering your Gmail account will be impossible.
If you are unable to provide Google with the correct information they will use to verify your account ownership, you may need to start thinking about creating a new Google account.
As sad as it may seem, this is how Google will not change the rules for you.
Why is it so difficult to recover a Google Account?
As I said earlier, Google will not change its rules for you, Google takes privacy and security very seriously and will only return an account if you are sure that the account is going to the right owner.
The best way to regain access to your account is to keep your recovery options up to date.
If any of the details of your recovery are changed, you must update it immediately on Google (provide Google with your new recovery details).
I hope this article helps with Gmail password recovery issues. The forgotten Gmail password is the one that really concerns most people. If you have any contributions or have a method that can help someone recover a Gmail account without the phone number, share it in the comments section.