Acting US Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen made his first appearance on camera since a MAGA crowd ransacked the Capitol – in an unusual video posted on YouTube overnight, where reporters were unable to question him.
In an unexplainable twist, the video link was no longer working on Wednesday morning, hours after it was first posted. A message stating that the video was ‘removed by the uploader’ appeared when viewers clicked on the YouTube link.
The video came on a channel where President Donald Trump cannot appear after a seven-day suspension due to the company’s concern about the ‘continuing potential for violence’.
Acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen finally addressed the nation for the first time since the Capitol riots. He posted a video on YouTube – there were no reporters – to denounce the ‘crowd’ and ask for justice. The video was removed on Wednesday morning for unexplained reasons
Rosen’s language was harsh – he said in the video that ‘our nation watched collectively in horror when a violent crowd invaded Capitol grounds, broke through crowd control barriers, attacked Capitol Police officers and invaded the Capitol complex. ‘
‘Lives have been lost. The attack on the Capitol was an intolerable, shocking and tragic episode in our nation’s history, ‘he said.
Rosen said the DOJ “has no tolerance for any attempts to halt the peaceful transfer of power on January 20”.
He spoke in front of bookshelves, with a two-camera setup that featured odd cuts.
His comments came out publicly while the House was debating the president’s impeachment on charges of ‘inciting insurrection’.
Rosen spoke about the role of law enforcement after the Capitol riots, in the search for ‘explosives and dangers in every office’. He said the DOJ’s job was to ‘hold intruders accountable’.
The Justice Department did not immediately answer a question about what happened to the video. However, DailyMail.com managed to preserve the video after downloading it before the link died.
Rosen said the DOJ has’ no tolerance for any attempts to halt the peaceful transfer of power on January 20.
The video was no longer available on Wednesday morning
Rosen made reference to the ‘violent crowd’ that invaded the Capitol
Trump supporters try to break a police barrier, Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the Capitol in Washington
Rosen said the DOJ has ‘no tolerance for any attempts to interrupt the peaceful transfer of power on January 20’ amid FBI warnings of threats linked to possession
Rosen took over as director of the department in the last weeks of the Trump administration after Attorney General Bill Barr left before Christmas
The Department of Justice, the FBI, Homeland Security and other government agencies have been criticized for not holding press conferences to report on how the nation would respond to Capitol disturbances amid almost hourly revelations about the extent of the threat, arrests, property damage, danger to lawmakers and threat warnings related to the upcoming inauguration.
Hours before Rosen released his three-minute, 38-second video, the U.S. Attorney-in-Office in Washington, D.C. Michael Sherwin, and Steven D’Antuono of the FBI held their first briefing on camera since the riots. They had participated in two previous conference calls for reporters.
But the government’s public response was a stark contrast to previous significant events in the country’s history, in which law enforcement informed the public and provided guarantees to the public.
The president’s own response consisted of tweets before his account was canceled, a short video and comments to reporters on his Tuesday trip to Texas, where he denied responsibility, but no formal speech.
In his canned comments, Rosen warned potential domestic terrorists against new attacks as President-elect Joe Biden prepares to take office after pro-Trump rebels attacked the U.S. Capitol last week.
The Rosen video that was withdrawn followed a public appearance by Michael Sherwin, US interim attorney for the District of Columbia, and Washington FBI Director Steven D’Antuono, Tuesday
“There will be no excuse for violence, vandalism or any other form of illegality,” said Rosen.
Rosen urged the public to come up with any tips on possible attacks and other threats before Biden’s inauguration on January 20, while federal police prepare for more potential violence with more protests planned ahead.
‘I want to send a clear message to anyone thinking about violence, threats of violence or other criminal conduct: we will have no tolerance for any attempts to stop the peaceful transfer of power’, including ‘attempts to forcibly take over government buildings’ , he said.
“There will be no excuse for violence, vandalism or any other form of illegality.”
About 15,000 National Guard soldiers, including some armed members, were sent to Washington, D.C., to protect the city before Biden took office, with new fences and other security measures engulfing the U.S. Capitol area. Some Congressional leaders have also called for rebels who invaded the Capitol to be placed on no-fly lists.
Rosen’s warning was posted online hours after federal prosecutors held their first press conference almost a week after the January 6 attack, when US lawmakers and President Donald Trump’s vice president Mike Pence met to certify Biden’s victory that left five people dead and lawmakers running for cover.
US police have opened criminal investigations against more than 170 people who broke into the Capitol building and plan to charge some of the most serious criminals with aggression and seditious conspiracy, they said on Tuesday.
“These efforts remain active and will continue until justice is done,” said Rosen in his comments. “There is much more to come. Evildoers will be held responsible. ‘
Former FBI director Andy McCabe said it was not clear why Rosen and other American officials took so long to speak publicly, or why Rosen’s video was posted overnight, raising more questions about how the federal police responded to the attack. of the predominantly white mafia last week compared to the most diverse Black Lives Matters protests last summer.
“It’s inexplicable,” McCabe told CNN on Wednesday, noting that Rosen and FBI director Christopher Wray have not yet answered questions from the press since the January 6 attack.