WHO: Members of Massachusetts Gaming Commission Including President Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting # 334 in Thursday, January 28, 2021.
Upon approval of the minutes, Executive Director Karen Wells will provide an administrative update, which will include the following:
- On-site casino updates
- MGC-ITS game technical compliance update
Research and Responsible Gaming Director Mark Vander Linden, along with Program Manager Teresa Fiore, Massachusetts Games and Health Board Executive Director Marlene Warner, and Dr. Richard Wood of Gamres, will make a presentation on Positive Play Initiative.
General Counsel Todd Grossman and Associate General Counsel Carrie Torrisi will ask the Commission to vote on the following:
- 205 CMR 134.01: Top Licensee for Gaming Employees. This change will allow licensees to bring employees from a sister property in an emergency to serve as Key Gaming Employees without requiring a license – and Amended Impact Statement for Small Business, for approval to go through the final promulgation process – VOTE
- 205 CMR 134.02: Licensed for gaming employees. This change will allow licensees to bring employees from a sister property in an emergency to serve as Game Employees without requiring licensing – and Amended Impact Statement for Small Business, for approval to go through the final promulgation process – VOTE
Loretta Lillios, Director of the Investigations and Enforcement Office, alongside General Counsel Grossman and Jill Griffin, Director of MGC’s Workforce, Supplier and Diversity Development, will provide an Update on Youth Records Review.
Director Lillios and Senior Execution Advisor Katherine Hartigan will also provide an update on the game vendor’s primary status to independent directors.
The Race Director, Dr. Alex Lightbown, will request that the Commission vote on the following:
- 2019 Plainridge Racecourse unpaid earnings – VOTE
- 2019 Suffolk reduces unpaid earnings – VOTE
- 2019 Wonderland Park unpaid earnings – VOTE
- 2019 Raynham Park unpaid earnings – VOTE
- Authorization for CFAO to pay funds, once approved by the Commission – VOTE
The Commission then anticipates that it will meet in an executive session to review minutes of previous executive sessions convened in accordance with G.L. c. 30A, §20 (a) (3), in order for the Commission to discuss the strategy in relation to litigation, when such discussion in an open meeting may have had a detrimental effect on the litigious position of the Commission. The public session of the Commission meeting will not meet again at the conclusion of the executive session.
For a complete list of agenda items and early votes, see official meeting notification and agenda.
WATCH: Given the unprecedented circumstances resulting from the global Coronavirus pandemic, Governor Charles Baker has issued an order to provide limited relief from certain provisions of the Open Meeting Act to protect the health and safety of individuals interested in attending public meetings. According to the guidelines provided, the Commission will conduct a public meeting using remote collaboration technology. If there is a technical problem with our remote connection, an alternative conference line will be noticed immediately on our website: MassGaming.com.
Community members are also invited to follow updates to the meeting live by connecting to the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: Conference call number: 1-646-741-5292, Meeting ID: 112 780 8210
WHEN: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:00 am