Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow, said he expects to lose $ 65 million in revenue this year after his company was boycotted by retailers because of his unfounded allegations of electoral fraud.
Lindell, 59, was sued by Dominion Voting Systems for $ 1.3 billion on Monday in a defamation suit in response to his continuing claim that the election was stolen, and Dominion’s machines exchanged Donald’s votes Trump.
In the process, Lindell was accused of making absurd claims in an attempt to appear more often on television and promote his company.
“Lindell – a talented salesman and former professional card accountant – still sells the lie today because the lie sells pillows,” wrote Tom Clare, the defamation attorney who represents Dominion Voting Systems in the lawsuit.
On Monday, Lindell said Insider that, instead, he was facing huge losses as a result of his claims.
‘I lost 20 retailers and it cost me $ 65 million this year that I won’t get back, okay?’ Lindell said.
“This is your story. Print it right. Don’t try to twist it. ‘
Dominion claims in the process that conspiracy theories are a platform for Lindell to sell more pillows.
‘After winning the jackpot with Donald Trump’s endorsement for MyPillow and after a million dollar bet on Fox News ads generated considerable returns, Michael Lindell explored another chance to increase sales: MyPillow marketing for people who would tune in and attend the rallies to hear Lindell told the ‘Big Lie’ that Dominion stole the 2020 elections, ‘wrote Clare.
Lindell rejected the suggestion that he had a ‘preconceived plan’ to make money from the electoral fraud controversy.
He said the retailer’s boycott of brands like Kohl’s and Bed Bath & Beyond cost him tens of millions of dollars in revenue.
‘These combined stores moved $ 65 million last year. And now I won’t have them this year, or any year, ‘he said.
– They finished.
He added: ‘When I am boycotted, people tend to buy more pillows – at least in the short term.
‘I always take a small ride for a few days when they attack the company. But this time is different. ‘
Lindell, who has been pursuing a political career for a long time, met Trump in the Oval Office, taking notes with him, suggesting that the president declare martial law.
Lindell then produced and financed a two-hour ‘documentary’ called Absolute Proof.
YouTube and Vimeo removed Absolute Proof from their platforms due to policies related to the sharing of incorrect electoral information.
Throughout the film, Lindell offers no proof of the claims he makes, including unfounded claims that the Dominion software was manipulated to exclude votes for Trump.
According to Lindell, the Absolute Proof has been viewed more than 110 million times, although he declined to provide evidence for these audience figures.
This year’s Super Bowl had about 96 million viewers.
Lindell told Insider that he welcomes the Dominion lawsuit.
“I’m happy to be notified today,” said Lindell, adding that he already had a team of lawyers working on his case.
Dominion also sued Trump’s lawyers, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, and a rival company, Smartmatic, also sued Fox News for its allegations that they exchanged vows.
“I’m not a stupid person,” said Lindell.
‘I have a large company that I built from scratch. I am a former addict and I will not give up on a big billion dollar company that is trying to rob our country.
‘All I want is this election now. I don’t care how much money it costs me. ‘