2 people treated after gas leak at St. Peters Costco releases hazardous material | St. Louis News Headlines – About Your Online Magazine


ST. PETERS, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Two people were treated after a gas leak at the St. Peters Costco released hazardous material late on Wednesday.

Crews from Central County Fire and Rescue were called to Costco after a refrigerant gas supply line burst and sent hazardous material known as R-22 throughout the building. Authorities said this happened around 7:30 pm. Employees activated the fire alarm after thinking the gas leak was smoke. The fire alarm helped evacuate people.

Paramedics at the scene treated two people with respiratory problems. They were not taken to hospitals and no other injuries were reported.

The teams will stay at Costco until the building is fully ventilated and the gas is finished. It is unclear how long this will take.

Copyright 2021 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved



Paula Fonseca